This manufacturing technology is unique to Zytronic and offers significant benefits to electronic display manufacturers. The touch-sensing layer consists of an array of micro fine wires that are not visible on a powered display.
Unlike other touch sensors using a capacitive system where the sensing medium is on the surface of the touch panel, the active component of the ZYTOUCH® sensor is embedded for protection – and can be up to 20mm from the touch surface.
Not only does this technology produce a highly dependable, rugged vandal resistant and low-maintenance system, it also offers unrivalled protection against a wide range of physical threats – a cost effective solution for the most demanding touch sensor applications.
Summary of Benefits:
- Excellent readability – light transmission of up to 91% through a standard sensor.
- Rugged vandal resistant construction, Ideal for internal and external usage – a proven solution for public access areas.
- Excellent optical clarity – the sensor can be enhanced with Zytronic’s range of optical coatings and filters.
- Accuracy – less than +/- 1.5% of reported position.
- Response time – < 20ms.
- Stability – no drift, therefore no recalibration is required.
- Pointing device – works with gloved and ungloved finger.
- Immunity to damage – unsurpassed impact, vandal, and scratch resistance.
- External environments – unaffected by dirt, moisture and rain.
- Operating temperature – ranges from –35ºC to +65ºC. Sub zero operation may be enhanced by an integrated heater panel.
- Resistance to contamination – unaffected by harsh cleaning fluids.
- Shielded filters can be specified.
- Supports both RS232 and USB.
- Embedded controller – further enhances reliability and life expectancy.
- Operating systems supported – Windows® 9X, NT, ME, 2000, XP, XPe, Vista, Windows® 7 & 8 (single, dual & multi touch) and Linux.
Zytronic touch sensors offer a range of benefits not available with any other touch sensor technology.
The ZYTOUCH® touch sensor comprises a laminated glass sensor, which encompasses the sending medium, and the control card which connects to the communications port of the controller.